- India has just 0.6 doctors and 2.2 nurses per 1000 population against WHO recommendations 1 & 3 respectively, translating into 5 lakhs additional doctors and 20 lakh additional nurses.
- 2/3rd doctors operate out of urban centers catering to 1/3rd population creating rural-urban access gap
- eSanjeevani & eSanjeevaniOPD can help in treating 50% more patients and 50% more doctor availability according to Tata Group Chairman Chandrasekaran.
- Rural - Urban accessibility gap can also be bridged by digi-health.
- Remote surgery, consultation and diagnosis can increase access to health care in remote location by best doctors operating out of cities.
- Use of AI, Machine Learning and Big-data analysis of millions of scans can help machines diagnose better than a trained physician.
- Digitization and cloud storage of health reports in Digi-Locker can be used for seamless sharing and diagnosis by multiple specialists doctors to zero down on diseases.
- Linking health reports to Aadhar can help in formulating health policies by government.