What is the syllabus of UPSC Civil Service (IAS/IPS/IRS) Preliminary Examination ?
Preliminary Exam or Prelims Exam Syllabus
- PAPER 1 || 200 Marks ||2 hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science
- PAPER 2 (Qualifying Only - Min 66 marks to pass)|| 200 Marks || 2 Hrs
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)